What : The Auckland Seafood Festival
When : Auckland anniversary Weekend
Where : Halsey Wharf
Why : Sun, seafood, beer and music – why wouldn’t you.
If you’re a lover of seafood and you’re in Auckland in January then don’t miss the Auckland Seafood Festival on Halsey Wharf. The wharf is overrun with stalls of delicious fresh kai moana (food from the sea).
Try local delicacies like pipi and tuatua. Meet celebrity chefs and learn how to prepare and cook your favorite sea food.
You’ll enjoy it even more with a nice cold beer or a glass of New Zealand wine in the beer garden. Take it all in with some music from some of New Zealand finest musicians.
Don’t miss the next Auckland Seafood Festival
A delicious variety of fresh seafood from our local NZ waters will be available for you to taste. There will be something for everyone. From the more traditional seafood like Salmon Kebabs, Salt and Pepper Squid and good old fashion Fish’n chips, through to something for the more adventurous, the seafood on offer is sure to delight your taste buds. You might even find something you can take back to your hotel.
Our favourite seafood stalls from past festivals include…
- The Whitebait People – the best of this fantastic delicacy
- Gina’s Pizza and Pasta Bar – Italian style Seafood
- Ka Pai Mussels – the worlds best mussels
- Mr Vendor – European style Seafood
- Great Barrier Island Outdoor Catering – best of the Hauraki Gulf
- John Oyagawa Catering – traditional Seafood
- Able Catering – Mussel fritters & Fish & Chips
- Saigonz Vietnamese Cuisine – fresh Asian style Seafood
- Rotary – fresh Oysters, BBQ Scallops, BBQ Paua, & Seafood fritters … plus more
- Oceanz – Macademia Scallops, Steamed Mussels, Prawn Skewers
- Moana Pacific – Mussell, Crayfish, Eel, Jumbo Shrimp
- Dee Jai Thai – Hoi Tod Thai style Mussel pancakes, & Pad Thai Goong