2021 was a year that most hotel companies would rather forget with Covid restrictions decimating tourist numbers. Several hotel under construction were deliberately slowed and Hotel 4 under construction at Auckland Airport has had just the shell completed with all further work delayed until travel restriction lift. The delays to projects scheduled for 2021 will mean a large number of projects will be completed in 2022.
Auckland Hotels Scheduled to Open in 2022
- Holiday Inn Express Auckland City (February 2022) now open
- DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka (May 2022) now open
- Voco Auckland (mid 2022) now open
- Soho Hotel Auckland (Oct 2023) now open
- Horizon Hotel (March 2024 – Book now)
- Indigo Hotel (now Jan 2024)
- InterContinental Auckland – (March 2024) taking bookings now.
- Te Arikinui Pullman Auckland Airport is opening book now from 1 December 2023.
- Hotel 4 Auckland Airport (on hold)
Hotel 4 exterior was completed in 2021 with work on the interior fit out postponed until travel conditions improve, it’s possible for late 2022 but we will have to wait for the pandemic situation to improve.
DoubleTree by Hilton Albert Street looks to be aiming to open in 2023 which seems prudent, as by that time it seems likely border restrictions will be over and the nearby Auckland International Convention Centre will be open.