5 Free Things to do on Waiheke
- Spend the day at the beach. Oneroa is a great swimming beach, white sand, clear water, and if you’re lucky phosphorescence on summer nights. Bring a hat and some sunscreen, a good book and pack your lunch. It’ll be the best cheap day out ever.
- Take a walk. Try the Stony Batter historic reserve for some history with your scenery, or try Little Oneroa to Palm Beach with a stop at Enclosure Bay. Find more walks on Waiheke Island.
- Whakanewhea Regional Park, great for a picnic or a walk or a bit of bird spotting. Just leave your dog at home.
- Go Mountain Biking, wither at the Rangihoua mountain bike trails at Onetangi Sports Park or in Whakanewhea Regional Park. It’s free to take your bike on the ferry.
- Snorkeling at Enclosure Bay, or try the rock pools at Palm Beach.
- Browse the Ostend Saturday Market.